Posted On: February 1, 2012
Media Organization: AOL / Huffington Post
Passionate, curious, creative? Our employees have helped to create popular and engaging online products and destinations that attract over 150 million unique visitors each month globally. As a result, AOL is a leading global web services company with a substantial worldwide audience, a suite of powerful web brands and industry leading products, and one of the largest advertising networks in the United States . We look for people that are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly psyched about our mission to inform, entertain and connect the world.
We're looking for a quick study who is VERY passionate about movies, can help with editorial and programming tasks, with an emphasis on production and behind-the-scenes functions.
• Daily programming work is required to:
• Manage our DVD release page
• Manage our "Coming Soon" & "In theaters" pages
• Maintain moviefone tumblr account, assist with facebook / twitter
• Help with community outreach, promoting content with fan communities
• Build/Send out weekly e-mail newsletter
Help editors with:
• Editorial research
• Taking Minutes during editorial meetings
• Help organizing editorial calendars
• Help with photo assignments, build galleries
• Writing copy
• Passion for online media and internet-based businesses.
• Student experienced in journalism, marketing and / or communications
• Knowledge of film industry, box office trends, home entertainment platforms, film studios
• Understanding of blog platforms, html, photoshop a plus
• Ability to anticipate movie audience trends
• Superior communications skills, both oral and written
• Well organized, able to multi-task, able to prioritize with minimal direction
• Able to follow up with project partners to ensure accurate and timely completion of deliverable
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
This is a spring internship (available immediately) for 20 hours / week; $10/hr. [This does not qualify as journalism internship — Craigh Barboza]
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.