Posted On: February 7, 2012
Media Organization: MedHelp
MedHelp is leading the consumer health revolution by empowering people to take control of their health. As the world's largest health social network, 12 million unique users turn to MedHelp each month to achieve better health. With more than 300-condition specific communities, 150 ask-the-expert forums, partnerships with 7 of the 10 top U.S. hospitals and a robust suite of 50 online health tools, award-winning mobile apps and personal health records, MedHelp is the savvy consumer's health destination of choice. For more information, visit www.medhelp.org.
MedHelp, a fast-paced health start-up, is looking for a talented and experienced freelance health writers to write on a variety of health, medical and lifestyle topics. If you're passionate about health and know how to engage, inform and inspire people to live their healthiest through your words, we want to hear from you!
* have health, lifestyle or medical writing experience
* be current on the latest nutrition, health and medical information
* be able to read and interpret medical studies and turn that into intelligent, zingy prose for a general audience
* be knowledgeable about best practices for writing for the web, including SEO
* be able to work independently, meet tight deadlines and approach each assignment with creativity and intelligence.
Topics will be assigned but pitches are also welcome (and encouraged)!
You'll be paid for your work on a per-article basis -- the rate will be determined by your experience and professional credentials (if applicable).
Check out some samples of our work below and visit www.medhelp.org.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and 3 relevant clips to email@example.com. No phone calls please.