Posted On: February 7, 2012
Media Organization: Open Road Integrated Media
Open Road Integrated Media is a digital publisher and multimedia content company. Open Road creates connections between authors and their audiences by marketing its ebooks through a new proprietary online platform, which uses premium video content and social media. Open Road has published ebooks from legendary authors including William Styron, Pat Conroy, Jack Higgins, and Virginia Hamilton, and has launched new e-stars like Mary Glickman.
Open Road Integrated Media has an opening for one unpaid intern to work 15 to 20 hours per week in its design/production department.
The design & production intern will assist the design department in a number of tasks related to ebook and POD design and production, including typesetting book interiors, inputting editorial corrections to books, assisting with branding projects, preparing files for press, purchasing and sizing stock art images, and departmental administrative tasks (scanning, folder organization, etc.).
This is a fast-paced, high-profile startup—details and deadlines are of the essence. The right individual will have the unique opportunity to experience all aspects of the book design process in a next-generation publishing environment.
• Add cobranding to existing covers; create cobranding templates as needed
• Stock image and rights research
• Creation of new and backlist back ads
• Input 1P and 2P corrections of proofread book interiors from editorial
• Typesetting books
• Create marketing materials such as Reader’s Guides and Author Bios as needed
• Assist with creation of epubs as needed by Production
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to juggle multiple and varied tasks
• Demonstrated interest in design, layout creation, and next-generation publishing
• Knowledge of ereader devices helpful
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Andrea C. Uva, Art Director, at email@example.com.