Posted On: February 4, 2012
Media Organization: AOL / Huffington Post
Yes, AOL has been around for more than 25 years, and yes, we are a leading global web services company operating one of the largest Internet subscription access services in the United States... but big-time things are in the works here. Our already extensive suite of brands now includes industry game-changers such as Huffington Post, Patch, TechCrunch and About.Me. We're working with up-and-coming artists from around the globe to re-invent our brand and help shape the art and design of tomorrow. We're not just embracing the newest online technologies, we are creating them. And at this very moment, we are re-energizing the Web as you know it with the highest quality content possible. Bottom line: We're not your grandma's AOL.
StyleList.com Home is looking for an intern who will get immediate, hands-on experience writing and producing web content covering home, fashion, and style.
Training will be provided on AOL’s proprietary publishing system, but some experience creating web pages and using basic HTML and Photoshop is a plus. Must have some editorial experience in print or online, and demonstrable knowledge of fashion and home.
This is a fabulous opportunity to join a fast-growing site and a dynamic, fun team. A pro-active, detail-oriented intern will have the opportunity to grow and acquire solid real-world new media and editorial skills.
· Majoring in Communications, & Journalism preferred
· Superior communications skills, both oral and written
· Well organized, able to multi-task, able to prioritize with minimal direction
· Able to follow up with project partners to ensure accurate and timely completion of deliverables, strong organizational skills
· Good oral and written communication skills, fluent in PowerPoint, Excel and Word, basic HTML code experience. Quickly learn how to work with online publishing and photo editing software, work well with data and metrics
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
· Home decor writing and event coverage experience; interview skills a plus
· Can work autonomously
· Online media production skills: Photoshop, content management systems, etc
· Great attention to detail
· Overall interest in home decor, trends and products
· Positive attitude, loves a challenge, able to pitch creatively and execute ideas
Duties/responsibilities would include:
· Contributing content to the site
· Creating slideshows
· Running occasional errands for the department
· Contacting PR contacts for images/press releases
· Possibly attending events in our stead
This is a paid internship available immediate at 40 hours / week; $10/hr.
Please email your resume to Caitlin.Geraghty@teamaol.com with the job title in the subject line.