Posted On: May 16, 2012
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: AOL
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is rebuilding its Kids landing page and is looking for an energetic intern for this summer to help curate and write stories for the site.
Time Frame: June - August 2012
Location: New York, NY
Hours: 40 hours/week
AOL is rebuilding its Kids experience and is looking for a dedicated intern to be a part of this dynamic process. We are looking for someone that is passionate about providing a great web experience, while is also a kid at heart that loves great content. Some of the responsibilities include working to write content for the site, while also curating video and photo experiences for the site, as well as being a part of any growth opportunities. This is an amazing opportunity to get real editorial experience while also working in a dynamic part of the internet business.
• Write daily Kids Interest stories for the website
• Curate existing media properties to bring to the new web experience
• Maintain social presence for AOL Kids online
• Help grow AOL Kids through strategic partnerships
• Reach out to and enhance contacts with existing blogger community highlight content they may be interested in
What we look for:
• You’re a currently enrolled college sophomore, rising junior or rising senior
• You are pursuing a major in communications, journalism or advertising – and have an interest in business and government
• You’re a social media junkie who can communicate content proficiently to audiences through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and blogs
• You communicate in black and white like a champ, are well organized, and are able to prioritize with minimal hand holding
• You are a collaborator – you like people, people like you – and you can work effectively across functions and personalities
• You are a child at heart and like to have fun with content on the internet
• Experience in Photoshop and a Content Management System is preferred
Please email your resume to email@example.com with 'AOL Kids Intern' in the subject line.