Posted On: May 18, 2012
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: Editorial/Media Team
Yahoo! is the premier digital media company. We deliver your world, your way by creating deeply personal digital experiences that keep more than half a billion people connected to what matters most – across devices and around the globe. And it’s the Yahoos behind the scenes who make this all possible. We are energetic, idea-driven people who are passionate about shaping the future of the digital world. So if this sounds like you, come show us what you’ve got.
• Edit and write content with a focus on financial business news
• Research articles and topics, as needed
• Support various editorial publishing tasks, as needed
• Liaise and support various members of the internal team, including product managers, content producers, and others to support all aspects of the editorial process and meet deadlines
Minimum Job Qualifications
We are looking for students for this position.
• Journalism students strongly preferred
• Should have a grasp of the competitive landscape of online finance, and a passion for finance, particularly in the area of business news
• Previous blogging experience a plus
• Working knowledge of the social web
• Detail-oriented and willing to work on a range of editorial tasks
• Must be HTML literate and comfortable with web publishing standards
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong editing, grammar, and online writing skills
• Finance, Investing, Personal Finance, or related domain experience a plus
• Familiarity with SEO, RSS, Twitter, Facebook and other social media is a plus
• Photoshop skills, experience with blog publishing and content management systems is a plus
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to search all of our openings, please visit http://careers.yahoo.com
Please apply directly https://tas-yahoo.taleo.net/careersection/yahoo_global_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=1244384 and email: email@example.com for interest.