Posted On: July 12, 2012
Media Organization: K12 Insight
In a crowded market of consulting solutions, K12 Insight is a rapidly growing company that stands to transform the education consulting space. We provide public school districts with valuable insights, research and communications tools to help them improve relationships with their stakeholders – students, teachers, parents and the surrounding community. We develop meaningful relationships with our clients, understanding their challenges and what keeps them up at night, and work diligently to help them solve those problems. Our team has a healthy disrespect for the impossible, seeking to address complex issues in innovative ways. Our goal is an ambitious one – to improve the climate of public education in America today.
1. Working closely with the sales team, boost lead generation by creating and writing marketing content and campaigns with a clear call-to-action that excites, persuades and inspires targeted prospects.
2. Research and understand the K12 educational space in order to initiate innovative ways to reach out to prospective clients for effective lead generation.
3. Create authentic content for use on K12 Insight’s blog and website, as well as in advertising, search, social media, and email and event marketing.
4. Research and identify national and local events/conferences which K12 Insight should attend and/or at which K12 Insight should present to generate new leads.
5. Maintain an acute awareness of current events in public education at the local, state and national levels — current and upcoming legislation, state-wide mandates, bond referendums, etc.
6. Collaborate closely with website designer to define clarity of content and visuals while ensuring consistency of message.
7. Work as an integral member of a dedicated marketing team in the Herndon, Va. office, reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing Communications.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, ideally in Marketing or Journalism.
2. At least six years of experience as a marketing writer, with a portfolio of original work including collateral and website content. K-12 experience is a plus.
3. Strategic thinker with ability to generate and execute creative ideas within tight deadlines.
4. Master of “less is more” school of writing, with an innate ability to communicate a clear message in as few words as possible.
5. Self-driven, resourceful team player with original ideas.
6. Organized, focused and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Pamela Mantis, Vice President of Operations, at email@example.com.