Posted On: July 16, 2012
Media Organization: GALO Magazine
GALO Magazine is an online weekly art and culture magazine filled with art, entertainment, and travel features, interviews, and profiles. We are constantly growing and hope to find many contributors who wish to be a part of our team!
GALO Magazine, an online weekly art and culture magazine, is looking for contributors for a new section coming late this month as well as some new series. We are also looking for new writers for the other sections of our magazine.
In addition, GALO is looking for photojournalists or multimedia journalists who have experience with photo essays as seen in the New York Times' "One in 8 Million" series, Magnum Photos, or GALO's "30 Under 30 series" as well as broadcast journalists who would be interested in doing podcast interviews.
This position would be unpaid for now; however, writers and contributors would have a chance to have their work published online. Contributors will have their own byline/author biography, a place on the Masthead, and press passes/credentials to exclusive events. Currently, the position is a work from home one; therefore, there is no need to worry about morning commute! However, a working computer and reliable internet connection are a must.
NEW SECTION NEEDS WRITERS
• We are looking for seven to 10 writers who, on a weekly basis, would each deliver one Q&A piece, consisting of 10 questions, for our new section "Artists of the Week." Complete details would be provided upon acceptance of application.
NEW SERIES NEEDS WRITERS
• We are looking for three writers each, to write in on a weekly basis, for the following three new series: profiling subway buskers, profiling unique private art collections of ordinary and famous people, and profiling unique fashion collections and their owners. Complete details to be provided upon acceptance of application.
OLD SERIES NEEDS WRITERS
• Our "One of Us" section profiling artists and individuals doing something extraordinary for the artistic field needs three weekly writers. Examples can be viewed here: http://www.galomagazine.com/category/from-europe-to-america/oneofus/
There are five to seven positions open for weekly podcasts. Podcast applicants must be able to write as well.
Though I do prefer those with a minimum of 1-2 years of journalism experience, I will consider those who are just starting out.
I ask that you proceed only if you have a serious interest and feel this platform will be a good fit for your goals and endeavors.
If this piques your interest, please send the following to email@example.com :
Contact person: Managing Editor, Olga Zapisek
1) Your resume and cover letter
2) 2-3 published clips
3) What section or series you would potentially be interested in writing for
Thank you and I look forward to reading your applications!