Posted On: July 17, 2012
Media Organization: BillMoyers.com
Bill Moyers returned to television in January 2012 with Moyers & Company, a weekly series of smart talk and new ideas aimed at helping viewers make sense of our tumultuous times through the insight of America’s strongest thinkers. Airing on public television and radio stations across the country, the series continues Moyers’ long-running conversation with the American public by offering a forum to poets, writers, artists, journalists, scientists, philosophers, and leading scholars. It also features Moyers’ hallmark essays on democracy.
Moyers & Company will be presented on public television by WNET in New York and distributed by American Public Television (APT), a leading distributor of high-quality news, documentaries, travel, drama and other programs to the nation’s more than 350 public television stations. Moyers & Company is taped at CUNY TV, in the City University of New York television station’s HDTV studio in midtown Manhattan.
Public Affairs Television is looking for a Digital Production Assistant to help research, write, and produce content for BillMoyers.com and our social media platforms, as well as assist with other department duties as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in current events and journalism, strong writing/blogging skills, strong research skills, and at least one year of experience producing content for a website.
The digital production assistant will work closely with the digital production team.
· Assist with research, editing, fact-checking, and proof-reading of content
· Research and write posts and features for What Matters Today, the daily blog on BillMoyers.com.
· Promote Moyers & Company's content on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks
· Assist with the organization and execution of live chats.
· Help moderate viewer comments on multiple platforms
· Perform routine CMS updates
· A degree in journalism, or communications with journalism experience
· Very strong writing and editing skills, including clips
· Online CMS experience helpful
· Photoshop experience helpful
Deadline for applications: July 27, 2012
Email Supervising Digital Producer Theresa Riley (firstname.lastname@example.org)