Posted On: July 27, 2012
Media Organization: Tubefilter
Tubefilter (http://www.tubefilter.com) is the leading digital entertainment media company covering the online video industry and the definitive source for online video industry news, program reviews, and events.
Our properties include: Tubefilter News, the authority for online video industry and web series news and reviews; Tubefilter Events, an event series where online video professionals gather to hear expert panel discussions and meet other advertisers, executives, and content creators; and the Streamy Awards (http://www.streamys.org), a star-studded awards show produced in partnership with dick clark productions, which honors excellence in online video programming.
- Write, edit, and generally oversee a flow of online video news and reviews
- Manage a network of freelancers, contributors, and content partners
- Develop a strategy to optimize content for social engagement
- Stay aware of trends and understand how to stay competitive in the industry
- 1-3 years of journalism experience
- Deep understanding of - and enthusiasm for - the online video industry, especially in regards to online video entertainment (e.g. YouTube, online video studios, successful online video programs and series, online video personalities and celebrities, and more)
- Deep understanding of social media platforms
- Basic knowledge of WordPress, html, and/or other online publishing platforms
- Experience with video productions a plus
- Experience with Photoshop and/or Final Cut a plus
The Associate Editor at Tubefilter will be a self-starter who is passionate about the online video industry, eager to learn more about the intersection of entertainment and new media, and excited to be a part of a fast-growing company at the center of this burgeoning space. He/She will source and write his/her own stories every day, engage with the Tubefilter audience on site and through social media channels, and manage Tubefilter contributors. He/she will also work closely with the Editor at Tubefilter to develop editorial calendars and strategize about coverage and feature stories. The Associate Editor will also have an opportunity to be actively involved in the coordination and production of Tubefilter Events and the Streamy Awards.
This is a great chance for a smart, all-purpose journalist to get immediately involved in a quickly growing site that is intimately involved in the fast-paced and booming online video industry.
Email Founder Joshua Cohen (email@example.com). Please submit a cover letter as to why you're interested in, and believe you would be a great candidate for the position. Also, please provide links to writing samples. (Writing samples related to entertainment or the online video industry preferred.)