Posted On: August 24, 2012
Media Organization: Parents.com
Parents.com helps mom navigate the uncharted waters of motherhood, celebrates the joys of being a mom and guides parents on the path to raising healthy, happy kids. Built on the foundation of two powerful parenthood brands — American Baby and Parents — Parents.com is mom's companion from the moment she considers having a baby, through first kicks and first smile to proud moments of accomplishment and independence. Parents.com provides trusted content from top experts and editors in the parenthood field and connects women mom-to-mom to share advice, laugh together, and offer support and encouragement.
This position is primarily responsible for working to integrate commerce within the site and the Commerce Store. This position will work closely with the e-commerce team and editorial to maximize commerce placements, grow the audience and enhance the consumer brand experience.
Essential Job Functions:
● Manage and assign all commerce related site content and see it through to completion.
● Devise the structure and taxonomy of the commerce area on the site
● Work with other editors to ensure product catalog and content is reflective of the brand
● Work closely with and train editors to include commerce widgets within their SEO articles, stories and newsletters.
● Develop and grow a commerce newsletter
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Marketing or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience
3+ years experience in writing, editing, marketing, and/or blogging for an online Publisher
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● A strong interest and background in the category
● Excellent writing and editing skills
● A strong knowledge of online media
● A strong knowledge of search engine optimization
● Ability to work well as part of a cross-functional team