Posted On: September 19, 2012
Media Organization: Qi New York
Qi New York is a contemporary knitwear company that creates high-quality and modern knitwear at an affordable price. Our in-house design team worked to transform traditional knitwear by traveling worldwide to find the most luxurious and coveted cashmere available. Since 2002, Qi has grown substantially—but has never wavered in its commitment to bringing style, comfort, and quality to our customers. Qi has attracted a strong celebrity following and has graced the pages of various publications and been featured on several hit television shows. Like yarn that has been carefully knit into a sweater, Qi has worked to build a socially conscious brand that offers superior quality and original designs. We promise you that you’ll look good, feel good, and do good when you wear Qi. Embrace yourself in the goodness…
Qi New York is looking for a Graphic and Web Designer to join our dynamic team. This position will be working within our marketing team producing visual imagery and designing marketing and promotional materials for our three E-commerce divisions: Qi New York, Qi Home, and Ainsley NY. The successful candidate will be a team player who is highly organized, assertive, resourceful and has excellent understanding of design, computer and communication skills. Positions are part-time.
Key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Assisting marketing team in producing unique and compelling online imagery to engage current and future customers.
• Liaising closely with the marketing team to produce online advertisements that effectively target specific markets, daily customer mailers and other materials.
• Testing websites for functionality in different browsers and at different resolutions.
Skills and experience required:
• 3+ years of proven experience in graphic design for print and online including interface design
• Diploma or degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
• Great photo retouching and manipulation skills.
• A flair for innovative and original design
• In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of current design trends and techniques
• Excellent communication skills in English both oral and written
• Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to tight deadlines
• Strong time management skills and impeccable attention to detail
• Enjoy working under pressure and to a deadlines
Web Designer must be familiar with volusion
Qualified candidates, please provide samples (online portfolio, active URLs, if possible), cover letter, resume, and desired hourly rate to Kosi Harris: email@example.com. Please put position you are applying for in the subject title. Compensation depending on experience.