Posted On: September 25, 2012
Media Organization: Rainforest Alliance
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behaviour. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Senior Manager, Media & Marketing will be responsible for overseeing the Rainforest Alliance’s marketing efforts in the Americas and developing strategies for the distribution of content relevant to the organization’s various stakeholders worldwide. S/he will guide and collaborate with businesses engaged with the Rainforest Alliance to ensure that they have the tools and information necessary to engage their audiences. S/he will develop and manage promotional campaigns; media outreach and oversee content and strategies aimed at engaging consumers, media and other key Rainforest Alliance audiences.
• Manage social media marketing campaigns designed to educate and influence consumers and others;
• Provide guidance to and collaborate with the businesses that are engaged with the Rainforest Alliance on promotional campaigns;
• Develop media outreach strategies and consumer campaigns for the organization as a whole and for specific targeted audiences in order to meet programmatic objectives;
• Cultivate US media and marketing relationships, continually seeking out new promotional vehicles and opportunities;
• Coordinate closely with staff and representatives working with marketing and media in other countries to ensure efforts and messages are consistent;
• Keep abreast of emerging media platforms, assess their cost effectiveness and adjust the organization’s use of new tools as appropriate;
• Track and measure effectiveness of the communications tools used by the organization; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Journalism;
• Minimum10 years experience in professional work environment;
• A minimum of 8 years experience in journalism, nonprofit or corporate communications;
• Proven track record in strategic media outreach and marketing work;
• Strong project management and organizational skills;
• Experience in managing staff;
• Demonstrated interest in conservation, corporate social responsibility and/or international development issues;
• Superior written, verbal, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
• Flexibility and willingness to work independently on a wide range of tasks and projects;
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment; and
• Written and verbal proficiency in Spanish preferred.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 665 Broadway, Suite 500, New York, NY 10012; Fax: 212-677-2187; E-mail: Personnel@ra.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title and position you are applying for.