Posted On: December 12, 2012
Media Organization: Law360
Law360, a LexisNexis company, is an online newswire for business lawyers that covers major litigation, transactions and regulatory issues. Founded in 2004 and acquired by LexisNexis in 2012, Law360 is a cutting-edge organization and one of the fastest-growing subscription news services in the U.S. Our subscribers include the 100 largest law firms in the U.S., in-house counsel at major corporations, and government agencies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Trade Commission.
Law360 offers a casual and flexible work environment, comprehensive benefits (including; medical, dental, generous paid time off, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and a pre-tax commuter program), and competitive salary with bonus eligibility.
Portfolio Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Assisting Managing Editor (AME) is an integral part of Law360’s busy newsroom. The AME is responsible for day-to-day oversight of the newsroom with the goal of refining coverage. This position manages a team of legal new reporters and works under the Managing Editor.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assign news stories
· Assign features
· Develop story ideas
· Conduct competitive analysis for assigned sections
· Complete structural edits for articles
· Review newsletter content
· Arrange stories in newsletters
· Work with reporters to improve pitching, writing, developing stories
· Provide continuous feedback to reporters to ensure staff development
· Notify Managing Editor of recurring problems in reporting and writing; provide feedback on overall reporter performance
· Train and mentor new hires
· Improve editorial routines; update editorial wiki as necessary
· Analyze traffic and reader feedback
· Participate in editorial advisory board meetings
· Step in for Managing Editor to fulfill duties as necessary
· Traffic growth for designated sections
· Sales growth for designated sections
· Correction rate for designated sections
· Scoops (competitive analysis)
Required for consideration:
· 2+ years experience managing a team of reporters
· 2+ years experience as an editor at daily business or legal publication
· 2+ years experience as a corporate transactions editor
· 5+ years editing or writing experience
Please note; qualified candidates will be asked to complete writing and reporting tests electronically.
Please apply through our website: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=PORTFOLIOMEDIA&cws=1&rid=68