Posted On: March 18, 2013
Media Organization: Scripps Networks Interactive
The Home of the Home Cook since 1999, Food.com is one of the web’s largest recipe and cooking communities, featuring 470,000+ recipes, 300,000+ photos and millions of reviews, tips and shortcuts shared by everyday people like you. Food.com is a part of the Scripps Networks Interactive family. The company's media portfolio includes popular lifestyle television and Internet brands HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, DIY Network, Cooking Channel and country music network Great American Country (GAC).
Food.com is actively seeking a part-time editorial producer, who will work with the Food.com team on maintaining the daily operations of the site, including:
- Write, curate and build content to support Food.com’s editorial and search engine optimization-driven (SEO) priorities, including editorial photo galleries, content packages, how-to tutorials, articles, blog posts and editorial topic pages
- Vet, edit and optimize existing site content to maximize content quality, SEO and engagement value
- Write and implement SEO optimization for titles, descriptions, linking and other elements for existing Food.com site content, as well as for new projects and site offerings
- Monitor performance of new and existing content and adjust to attract more users
- Review, edit and produce new editorial content for accuracy, completeness and style
- Develop content ideas with programming team and contributing editors
Applicants should have experience with:
- Online content production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods
- Professional writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with SEO tools and concepts
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and web content production concepts, including experience using web-based content management systems
- Experience with photo editing software such as Photoshop
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Critical thinking, logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Passion for the digital media and food and cooking
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate and work effectively with other teams
This is a part-time, contract position. The producer will work in our New York City-based offices for about 30-35 hours a week on an ongoing basis.
Email a short cover letter and resume Kristine Brabson at email@example.com.