Posted On: March 18, 2013
Media Organization: Council on Foreign Relations
The Council's outreach initiative aims to engage an interested and influential group of Americans from around the country and the world by providing ideas and timely, clear, and accurate information on key international issues. CFR.org, America's foremost Internet resource for foreign policy and national security analysis, is one of the primary tools for doing so.
CFR's News Team internships give selected interns the opportunity to receive training in the area of foreign policy journalism.
The responsibilities of the News Intern include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with story research
- Working in CFR's content management system to code and edit pieces for the site
- Interview transcription
- Photo research and cropping
- Assisting with research for interactive multimedia projects
We require 14-21 hours (2-3 full days) a week from mid- or late May to early September. Internships are filled on a rolling basis.
- Undergraduate or graduate student focusing on international relations and/or journalism.
- Previous administrative, journalism, and web experience; multimedia experience a plus.
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity and facility with online research.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; HTML skills a plus.
- Ability to work independently or on a team.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample to Brianna Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.