Posted On: June 13, 2013
Media Organization: The Economist Group
The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services.
What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
The Economist Group is building new content streams targeted at senior marketers. We are looking for a highly motivated editor with expertise in creating compelling marketing content for Chief Marketing Officers and their direct reports. This requires a deep understanding of how to write, edit, and curate video, multimedia, and blog content in a way that promotes engagement with this target audience. This is an important front-line role to help develop and edit an Economist Group blog. This role requires networking with Chief Marketing Officers and their direct reports. This blog serves as thought leadership to raises awareness for The Economist Groups capabilities in multi-platform marketing solutions.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a creative mind, interview, writing, and video editing skills, a natural sense of urgency and a wide ranging curiosity about issues related to advertising, marketing, and digital media.
The Editor is Accountable for:
• Creating a narrative that positions The Economist at a thought leader in marketing
• Conceptualizing, writing, editing, and curating high-level video, text, and multimedia content for an Economist Group website
• Conducting live, phone and video interviews
• Writing, editing and curating engaging blog content
• Editing videos on Final Cut and other software
• Building relationships with senior marketers and marketing experts for story ideas
• Promoting content via social media and growing the site’s social influence
• Activating and managing search engine optimization protocols
• Recommending stylistic upgrades to website
• Working collegially with a cross-functional team
PERFORMANCE MEASURES: (related to the accountabilities listed above)
• Proven ability to edit a high-quality web media property
• Proven ability to take responsibility for tasks and execute them.
• Generation of quality content
• Ability to meet deadlines and implement processes to keep proposals and projects running smoothly.
• Ability to work in a highly flexible, creative environment
Please follow instruction to the below link:
Reach out to Samantha Silberberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions