Posted On: July 8, 2013
Media Organization: Everplans.com
Everplans (www.everplans.com) is a funded, NYC-based startup founded by repeat entrepreneurs. Our website helps people become heroes to their families by getting an end-of-life plan in place. With the right information, tools and guidance we are changing people’s lives by making sure families are better taken care of at possibly the worst time in their lives.
We’re committed to making a tough subject easier to deal with by bringing innovative digital experiences and a clear, unbiased editorial approach to an area that feels stuck a hundred years in the past.
We’re looking for someone interested in being a key member of our startup, who is passionate about our mission, and who thrives on getting their hands dirty.
The right person will be able to oversee the editorial vision and direction for the Everplans website, and help us extend it across our social media and marketing activities.
What you’ll do:
- Define, oversee, and manage editorial direction and vision for the company
- Articulate company’s brand in copy and communications both online and offline
- Create and manage long- and short-term editorial calendars across platforms (site, blog, social media, etc.)
- Collaborate on content strategy and projects with all Everplans teams (business development, marketing and PR, product, etc.)
- Use analytics to create content and copy that will maximize traffic and SEO across a variety of platforms
- Manage blog, including finding and writing blog posts, sourcing and managing contributing bloggers, and distributing blog content across social platforms
- Manage company Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube accounts, including creating editorial calendar, creating custom content and copy, and distributing site content
- Create B2B and B2C materials for marketing and PR teams, including press releases, materials for journalists, ad copy, site copy, etc.
Your experience includes:
- 5+ years creating, editing, and managing content for a variety of digital platforms
- Deep understanding of SEO and web analytics
- Effective social media outreach, including brand and content promotion
- Experience working with a CMS (we use Drupal, but no experience in Drupal necessary)
- Managing a team of editors
- Power user status: Google (Gmail, Gdrive, search), Mac, Microsoft Office, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Quora, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.)
- An excellent communicator
- A true self-starter (but you also love working in a team)
- Deadline-driven, goal-oriented, and detail-obsessed (while also being incredibly flexible in the day-to-day and able to manage multiple projects at once)
- Culturally and intellectually curious, aware, and ambitious
- Excited by the challenges of making complex, sometimes “tough” material accessible
- Inspired by a startup environment
- Ready to rumble
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.