Posted On: July 8, 2013
Media Organization: Everplans.com
Everplans (www.everplans.com) is a funded, NYC-based startup founded by repeat entrepreneurs. Our website helps people become heroes to their families by getting an end-of-life plan in place. With the right information, tools and guidance we are changing people’s lives by making sure families are better taken care of at possibly the worst time in their lives.
We’re committed to making a tough subject easier to deal with by bringing innovative digital experiences and a clear, unbiased editorial approach to an area that feels stuck a hundred years in the past.
Everplans is seeking an experienced digital editor/writer to help us develop our rich library of articles and tools and manage our website.
What you’ll do:
- Research, write, edit, and implement SEO-driven evergreen content for www.everplans.com on a range of topics (legal, financial, healthcare, funeral, etc.); develop checklists, guides, and other tools based on new and existing site content
- Integrate and utilize SEO best practices in all content; implement SEO best practices across all existing site content
- Work with Editorial Director to create and maintain editorial calendar for new content development and distribution
- Maintain www.everplans.com, including updating and formatting all new site content (articles, tools, blog posts, etc.)
- Own the CMS: you will know the ins and outs of the backend, be able to create and format all types of content, and work with developers to identify and resolve any site bugs or issues
Your experience includes:
- 3+ years experience producing digital content for a variety of digital platforms
- Experience producing SEO-driven evergreen content and an understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience working with a CMS (we use Drupal, but no experience in Drupal necessary)
- Information architecture and content organization
- Expert research skills
- Power user status: Google (Gmail, Gdrive, search), Mac, Microsoft Office, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Quora, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.)
- An excellent communicator with adaptable, sophisticated writing skills
- A true self-starter who works well independently
- Deadline-oriented; able to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Excited by the challenges of making complex, sometimes “tough” material accessible
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and clips to email@example.com.