Posted On: July 10, 2013
Media Organization: The College Board
The College Board
The Sr. Director or Director, Digital Marketing Services has two primary responsibilities including; leading the development of strategic planning, purchasing and optimization of online marketing campaigns, and leading College Board email operations and production. In addition to a high level of business experience and acumen, the Sr. Director, Digital Marketing Services must have a deep knowledge of digital marketing technologies and methodologies including email, search engine marketing, display advertising, social media and the evolving and digital communications landscape.
The Sr. Director or Director, Digital Marketing services will work closely with Strategic Marketing and College Board programs to develop strategies for effective, coordinated cross-organization online marketing initiatives which lead students and education professionals to engage with the College Board and encourage them to take action which yield measurable results. This individual must possess a strong record of successful team management, email operations management, media agency management, and delivery of successful online campaigns.
The ideal candidate has experience in the education field, marketing to students, parents and educators both in K-12 and higher ed.
* Lead interface with Strategic Marketing, Programs, production, and management; acts as the key point of contact and escalation point to ensure high levels of professional and customer service.
* Responsible for ensuring that the Digital Marketing Services team and vendors deliver top quality campaigns that meet or exceed goals, and are flawlessly executed.
* Establishes a culture which embraces ongoing testing of technology, tools, formats, media channels, and approaches to messaging in order to continually improve performance.
* Leads the team and agencies responsible for delivery of multiple online marketing campaigns simultaneously, ensuring a coordinated audience experience across College Board programs.
* Drives ongoing process improvements, creating automated and optimized solutions and reporting where possible.
* Advises on campaign strategies to ensure that campaign goals, timelines are budgets are met.
* Leads and manages the ongoing development of the Digital Marketing Services group; manages and develops team member performance.
* Develops in-depth business reporting and comprehensive competitive advertising/marketing analysis.
* Participates in the presentation of media and campaign plans, and ensures that program strategic and tactical goals are being met.
* Leads Digital Marketing Services research in order to test and measure new technologies innovations and initiatives.
* BA degree required; marketing or related field preferred. Graduate degree a plus.
* Minimum of 5 – 7 years (for director level) and 7+ years (for senior director level)of related experience. Must possess a solid digital background, management of online marketing agencies, and experience managing large-scale email operations,
Related Skills & Other Requirements* * * * * * * *
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills with successful experience in the online marketplace.
* Exceptional strategic online advertising and planning skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated track record of driving results in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
* Motivated self-starter who can turn ideas into action.
* Strong teamwork, team development, collaboration, and relationship management skills.
* Ability to work with multiple partners both internally and externally.
* Very experienced in presenting information both orally and in writing.
* MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel skills.
* Experience with Google AdWords, Yahoo Search, online ad networks.
* Experience with Omniture, Google Analytics, or other web analytics platform.
* Experience with ESP required, experience with EPSILON a plus
Desired Travel Less than 25%
Areas of Expertise Web Content/Editorial, Digital, Web User Experience/Design, Marketing
Highest Level of Education Master's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location New York, NY
Years of Relevant Experience 6-9
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/74z8mxd