Posted On: July 10, 2013
Media Organization: Time Inc.
Time Inc., a Time Warner company, is a world class print and digital content company, investing in the future and engaging more than 138 million consumers monthly; whenever, however, and wherever they are. With 22 magazines and 26 web sites in the U.S., it is the country's largest magazine media company. Each month, one out of every two American adults reads a Time Inc. magazine, and one out of every five who are online visits a company web site (more than 50 million monthly unique visitors). Time Inc.'s popular brands and successful franchises extend to online, mobile and digital reading devices, television, events and branded products.
PEOPLE.com is seeking a motivated news editor to join our breaking and celebrity news team. Must have excellent writing, editing and organizational skills and a passion for telling stories through words, photos and video. The editor will be well-read and detail-oriented to generate story ideas as well as assign reporters and cover developing stories that fit into the PEOPLE.com tone and content mix. Reporting to the News Director, the editor will be expected to contribute to the site's latest news headlines and to coordinate with the site's other editorial departments. Availability early morning, evening and/or weekend hours are required depending on assignment and demands of news coverage.
PEOPLE.com is the No. 1 celebrity magazine website, with more than 12 million unique users a month and more than 1 billion pageviews. Addictive and authoritative, PEOPLE.com is powered by an extensive team of web-dedicated editors and writers and provides an unrivaled 360-degree look at star lives via several channels—the A-Z celebrity bio database, News, Photos, Moms & Babies, Pets, TV Watch, Video and StyleWatch. The site's mobile editions are read by more than 2.5 million users each month, while the site's social media extensions reach nearly 7 million fans every day.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications/Journalism/Business/Marketing
• Minimum of 4+ years of digital or mobile publishing experience in a fast-paced or daily news environment
• Strong writing and editing skills, as well as solid news judgment
• Creativity, with innovative ideas suitable to all platforms
• Knowledge about the growing role of social media and mobile in expanding a web site’s reach
• Ability to juggle a variety of daily tasks, think strategically and remain calm and flexible
• Good communication and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work within a team and to take direction
• Comfortability in various content management systems to cover breaking news, maximize SEO and customize content for users on the go
• Familiarity with Omniture or other analytics service to cull and respond to audience metrics
Please apply using the following link, http://www.timewarner.com/corp/careers/jobtools_us/search_tp.html?partnerid=391&siteid=5161&codes=CNYU,137453BR