Posted On: July 24, 2013
Media Organization: LearnVest
LearnVest is an award-winning website for people who want a better relationship with their finances. Our mission is to empower individuals everywhere to take control of their personal finances so that they can afford their dreams. We believe that financial responsibility and living well don't have to be mutually exclusive. LearnVest is full of expert advice, lifestyle and career tips, and the latest news to keep you in the know about your money.
The company has been named one of “25 Women-Run Startups to Watch” by Fast Company, included on Forbes’ list of the “Top 100 Websites for Women” for the second year in a row, featured on Business Insider’s Digital 100 list and included on Time Magazine’s annual list of “50 Best Websites.”
Our offices are located in Union Square on University Place.
Seeking smart, enthusiastic interns for a fall online editorial internship. Looking for motivated interns excited to work for a fast moving company with a fun, dedicated team. The internship is a part-time position, lasting from early September until December. Hours are flexible, but we are ideally looking for two full days a week.
- Writing original features and daily news blogs
- Pitching ideas
- Creating slideshows
- Updating and managing content in WordPress - Helping to optimize readership with SEO and other projects
– Assisting in content syndication with top media brands
- Strong writing skills and grammar required
- Some journalism experience (print or online media)
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Team player able to work with great autonomy and initiative
- Copy-editing experience a plus
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS preferred
Please send a cover letter and resume to Anna Williams (an alumna of the NYU Journalism Institute) at firstname.lastname@example.org. One to three writing samples or clips are also recommended, but not required. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.