Posted On: February 24, 2014
Media Organization: Peter G. Peterson Foundation
The Peter G. Peterson Foundation, founded in 2008 by Peter G. Peterson is dedicated to increasing public awareness of the nature and urgency of key fiscal and economic challenges threatening America's future, and to accelerating action on them. As a nonpartisan foundation, they neither lobby nor represent special interest groups.
To assist with various operational and event planning needs in order to enable the Events and Outreach Manager to, in addition to current responsibilities, focus on strategic activities. The individual in this role will work alongside the Event Manager in:
• Ensuring streamlined coordination across departments and between vendors for all Foundation events and outreach
• Identifying opportunities and sponsorships that cultivate relationships central to the Foundation’s mission and goals
• Developing a more robust and strategic calendar of events, outreach, and engagement opportunities for the foundation
• Maintaining an updated and robust contact database
• Under the supervision of the Event Manager, provide support for all events and outreach activities, including the Foundation’s flagship event, the Fiscal Summit, working to ensure flawless event execution at all stages of production.
• Will be directly responsible for maintaining the Foundation’s internal database of contacts utilized for mass mailings, event outreach, and stakeholder engagement. Will assist with the compilation of audience targeting spreadsheet for events and general foundation outreach.
• Support the development of event and public affairs materials. This will include assisting with the writing, compiling, and proofing of content for materials (both internal and external facing publications) as well as interfacing with external vendors on production, printing and delivery.
• Assist in the coordination and management of all communication with external vendors related to events.
• Assist in the coordination of internal meetings related to events and outreach as well as meetings of the Foundation’s various advisory boards.
• Track all event-related contracts, invoices, and expenses, interfacing with external vendors to resolve issues and confirm contract execution and invoice payments.
• Establish and maintain an online record system of all materials and publications related to public affairs and outreach.
• Monitor firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox, forward inquiries to appropriate member of Public Affairs for response.
• Work with Events and Outreach Manager to coordinate event related travel arrangements for members of the public affairs team.
• Assist with the creation and dissemination of briefing packets for staff and event participants.
• Assist with travel and arrival logistics for event participants and PGPF staff.
• Serve as proxy for Events and Outreach Manager at events.
• Proficiency of Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
• Must possess excellent research skills; prior experience with online databases, i.e. Lexus Nexus, Leadership Directories, Cision, a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Proven ability to multi-task, have strong attention to detail, and exceptional time management skills.
• Minimum of 3-5 years administrative or office support experience. Previous experience planning events preferred.
• Proven ability to work effectively in dynamic environment with changing priorities.
• Demonstrate interest in and knowledge of fiscal policy, public affairs, and political science.
• Experience with CRMs such as Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce a plus.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with integrity and discretion.
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
• A team-player eager to assist colleagues and members of departments at all levels.
• Previous experience in marketing communications a plus.
• Understands and supports PGPF mission and goals.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.