Posted On: February 24, 2014
Media Organization: Peter G. Peterson Foundation
The Peter G. Peterson Foundation, founded in 2008 by Peter G. Peterson is dedicated to increasing public awareness of the nature and urgency of key fiscal and economic challenges threatening America's future, and to accelerating action on them. As a nonpartisan foundation, they neither lobby nor represent special interest groups.
Tackling such complex fiscal issues and fostering meaningful action requires developing a broad reach with a high impact public profile. To be successful, the Foundation must leverage sophisticated communications strategies geared toward “influentials” (in the public policy, business, media and academic sectors) and the American public at large. The Foundation has tremendous intellectual capital, abundant resources, and the demonstrated passion to successfully pursue its aims. An integral contributor to the success of the Foundation will be the role of Manager of Digital Communications.
The Manager of Digital Communications will be responsible for developing the Foundation’s digital footprint. This includes developing and managing the Foundation’s website as well as creating and repurposing content for other web properties and social networks. (This content includes articles, op-eds and video features, as well as mobile applications, games, sweepstakes email and text messages, and other interactive vehicles.) This individual will be an integral member of the communications team and is charged with making the Foundation’s message compelling and relevant to diverse audiences across digital platforms.
This individual will directly manage the Foundation’s web producer and manage relationships with digital consultants.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead the effort to provide an intellectually stimulating online environment for the Foundation that can attract new and diverse audiences for its message.
• Lead the redesign of the Foundation website – managing discovery, design and implementation phases with the help of an outside vendor.
• Strategize, develop and manage Foundation web properties to ensure relevant content, strong visual branding, and ease of use.
• Work closely with the VP of Communications and the editorial, research and technical teams to ensure that Foundation messaging is quickly and effectively translated for digital audiences.
• Manage and further develop Foundation database, e-mail lists and e-newsletter programs.
• Develop a stream of products (apps, multimedia, games, sweepstakes, etc.) that can be linked or adapted to outside websites and social networks (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Foursquare, Hulu, etc.). Expand the Foundation’s communications “toolkit” by incorporating new applications and technologies as appropriate.
• Maintain and analyze audience metrics to help refine the digital strategy.
• Provide quality control for all non-print media to ensure the consistency of the message, the quality of the visuals, and the accuracy of the content.
• Provide thought leadership on new digital engagement strategies for the Foundation.
• Identify and manage digital communications partners and vendors.
• Manage day-to-day digital communications budget and expenditures.
• Interface with Foundation Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in the management of technical and infrastructure needs related to digital communications.
• Manage asset libraries
The ideal candidate will have:
• A collaborative style
• Assertive demeanor
• Strong organizational skills
• A creative and highly visual orientation
• Enthusiasm and passion for the creative process
• Interest in the technical aspects of web design and development
• Passion for politics and fiscal/economic news
• Evidence of intellectual curiosity
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited organization
We are looking for a media/communications professional with:
• 7+ years experience in digital communications
• A track record of successfully developing and promoting editorial content across a variety of digital platforms (web, mobile, tablet, social media, etc.)
• A deep familiarity with the digital and social media landscape and the use of those in marketing and issue communications – and a strong commitment to staying informed of the latest trends.
• Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task effectively
• Ability to transform complicated economic policy issues into generally understandable messages
• Ability to explain digital communications challenges, strategies, and solutions to internal audiences who may not be web savvy.
• Ability to project manage all key elements of website upgrades or redesigns (including serving as primary point of contact for technical and design teams)
• Strong writing and editing skills across a wide range of media. (Journalism experience a plus).
• Experience managing employees and outside vendors
• Experience with political campaigns and web-based advocacy a plus
• Knowledge of video production and video production software (iMovie, Final Cut Pro, AVID, etc.) a plus.
• Graphic design experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.