Posted On: March 25, 2014
Media Organization: United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
The Communication for Education and Gender Equality (CEGE) group is a team within the Public Advocacy section of UNICEF’s Division of Communication (DOC) dedicated to supporting UNICEF’s priorities in Basic Education and Gender Equality.
Under the direct supervision of the Communication Specialist for Education and Gender Equality, and working closely with the other team and section members, the consultant will provide project assistance to various education priorities as well as administrative support to the CEGE group.
• Completion of tertiary education, preferably in a field related to the work of the organization, e.g. Social Sciences, Education, Communication
• At least two years of progressively responsible working experience, preferably in support of communication activities
• Interest in education and gender equality essential, experience a plus
• Strong organizational skills and drafting ability
• Demonstrated success in networking and working in a team
• Strong web skills. Experience with web content management systems such as WordPress and RedDot a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Fluent English both written and oral
• Knowledge of French language considered an asset
• Knowledge of UNICEF and the UN System desirable
• Tact, discretion, initiative, good judgment and ability to work independently
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
If you have experience working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, send a cover letter, your daily rate, a detailed curriculum vitae in English, AND a duly completed United Nations Personal History form (available at www.unicef.org/employ) with a requested monthly rate to Nadia Sariahmed (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications should be received by 8 April 2014. Only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.