Posted On: May 16, 2014
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: WhoSay
WhoSay is a first-of-its-kind digital magazine built by and with celebrities. For decades, celebrities have powered valuable media businesses in print, television, and digital with their pictures and their fans. Now, for the first time, WhoSay has created a media company and business by and from celebrities themselves - for their most loyal and engaged fans. The free WhoSay iOS app and website provide fans with a customizable, digital entertainment magazine that combines celebrities’ real-time social content with deeper, richer editorial about their work and passions.
WhoSay is based in New York City with offices in Los Angeles and London.
WhoSay Inc. seeks entry-level, socially savvy writers to create and curate highly compelling entertainment content for its online entertainment magazine (10M monthly page views). This is a paid internship.
Candidates must be:
• Creative, dedicated writers immersed in the entertainment space
• Voracious consumers of entertainment content
• Genuinely excited about entertainment news (celebrity, movies, TV, style, sports, music, and more)
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
• Creating and curating compelling entertainment content (breaking news, internet curiosities, & viral videos)
• Work with other editors as needed on editorial projects
• Impeccable writing and editing skills
• Strong editorial judgment and an ability to write in a style that supports brand considerations and goals
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to function independently in a fast-paced, metrics-driven start-up environment
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism or related field, or current enrollment in an undergraduate program
• Writing samples required
Please submit a resume along with writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Entertainment Writing Intern."