Posted On: May 16, 2014
Media Organization: WhoSay
WhoSay is a first-of-its-kind digital magazine built by and with celebrities. For decades, celebrities have powered valuable media businesses in print, television, and digital with their pictures and their fans. Now, for the first time, WhoSay has created a media company and business by and from celebrities themselves - for their most loyal and engaged fans. The free WhoSay iOS app and website provide fans with a customizable, digital entertainment magazine that combines celebrities’ real-time social content with deeper, richer editorial about their work and passions.
WhoSay is based in New York City with offices in Los Angeles and London.
WhoSay Inc. seeks talented, socially savvy writers to create and curate highly compelling entertainment content for its online entertainment magazine (10M monthly page views).
Candidates must be:
• Creative, dedicated writers immersed in the entertainment space
• Voracious consumers of entertainment content
• Genuinely excited about entertainment news (celebrity, movies, TV, style, sports, music, and more)
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
• Creating and curating compelling entertainment content (breaking news, internet curiosities, & viral videos)
• Work with other editors as needed on editorial projects
• Impeccable writing and editing skills
• Ability to quickly generate eye-catching editorial content
• Strong editorial judgment and an ability to write in a style that supports brand considerations
• Understanding of SEO best practices
• Ability to write compelling headlines and select engaging cover images
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to function independently in a fast-paced, metrics-driven start-up environment
• Familiarity with online content management systems
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism or related field
• Experience writing for an entertainment blog or website
Please submit a resume along with writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line "Freelance Entertainment Writer."