Posted On: August 26, 2014
Media Organization: BioPharm Insight
BioPharm Insight (www.biopharminsight.com) publishes real-time news and data on the most price-sensitive issues in the global healthcare market. Our diverse team consistently provides an exceptional product and a level of analysis to a readership comprising: top-tier investment banks, hedge funds and corporate clients in the healthcare sector. BioPharm Insight is a part of Infinata, a division of the MergerMarket Group.
WHAT WE OFFER
The compensation package is competitive, with a benefits package of health and dental insurance as well as a 401(k) plan. We offer a generous 20 days of vacation time (plus holidays as per the New York Stock Exchange). We are an equal opportunity employer.
BioPharm Insight’s New York team is looking for an Investigative Life Sciences Reporter. The focus is on uncovering scoops and delivering market-moving analysis in advance of company catalysts.
The successful candidate will cover all aspects of drug development, approval and marketing. The individual will also cover business development, litigation and general trends within the biopharmaceutical sector.
You will be tasked with conducting interviews with all types of experts including physicians, investigators/researchers, consultants, regulatory officials and industry executives.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of the drug development process and healthcare industry required
- Excellent reporting, interviewing and writing skills required
- Ability to perform to a high standard under strict deadline pressure required
- Ability to work in an interactive news room environment required
- Two years of reporting experience covering some aspect of the life sciences industry or medical issues preferred
- Editing experience a plus
- Previous experience on a daily or weekly publication preferred
- Outstanding networking and contact-building skills required
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Journalism and/or medical field) required
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and two published writing samples to: Querida Anderson, North American Editor, at email@example.com