Posted On: September 9, 2014
Media Organization: Fortune.com
Fortune is a global leader in business journalism with a worldwide circulation of more than 1 million and a readership of nearly 5 million, with major franchises including the Fortune 500 and the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For. Fortune Live Media extends the brand's mission into live settings, hosting a wide range of annual conferences, including the Fortune Global Forum.
Fortune is seeking an experienced editor to oversee its profiles on various social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn) and manage its audience engagement and growth.
The ideal candidate will have a business news/journalism background and must have at least one year of professional experience in online journalism, preferably with branded social media accounts. S/he must be eager to stay current with the quickly evolving online universe and have a passion for business news and continuing to grow the Fortune brand.
• Excellent news judgment
• Ability to write impeccable, catchy copy
• A knack for finding new and interesting business stories on the social web
• Ability to thrive in a fast environment
• Knowledge and interest in business
• Hunger to learn
• Implement brand-growing initiatives with a focus on audience engagement for all aspects of Fortune
• Manage and write posts for Fortune's Twitter feed, which has 1.3 million followers
• Manage and write posts for Facebook, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn and other affiliated social networks
• Manage relationships with Fortune's content partners
• Follow breaking news, collaborate with home page editors and producers in promoting stories at the right intervals
• Develop Fortune's voice and posting strategy based on short- and long-term number analysis and editorial goals
• Identify emerging trends, networks and ideas in the social media world
• Work with our audience development team to assess what is and is not working
• Work with editorial staff to come up with strategies for social media on the site
• Train writers and editors on social media best practices
• Respond to comments and suggestions from users
Email resume and cover letter to Heather Muse: email@example.com