Posted On: September 10, 2014
Media Organization: LicensedtoLiquor.com
We have set up a WordPress blog to focus on the craft spirits and cocktail movement in New York City. Specifically, the blog will focus on bartenders and highlight what they do to make our (the end consumer’s, or the drinker’s) experience so unique. This is NOT a cocktail or recipe blog.
We are looking for a blogger for approximately 1 to 4 hours per week. This position is for someone looking for part-time experience that may help to obtain a full-time Communications, Digital Marketing or PR job. Interest in the Wine & Spirits industry is a plus, but not mandatory. The position will begin as soon as possible and last for approximately 3-4 months, with potentially an option to continue on a part-time (renewable every month) or full-time basis thereafter. We are willing to pay an hourly, or per story/content, rate.
The blogger will be responsible for execution of digital marketing initiatives in support of long-term blog strategies. His/her ultimate goal is to help us develop a loyal online audience of bartenders and consumers that will be engaged in an online craft spirits and cocktails conversation.
Scope of work will include interviewing bartenders, creating content, engaging in online communication, developing a blog strategy, and marketing and positioning the blog. It may also occasionally include maintenance to the design/layout of the blog so WordPress experience is a plus.
Specifically, the candidate will focus on the following:
1) Launch Plan – The candidate will help execute a launch plan for the blog, which would likely include finalizing blog layout/design, defining consumer segments to target and developing a strong and unique market positioning
2) Content Creation – The candidate must be willing to network with bartenders and other industry gatekeepers to conduct interviews and create content geared toward our audience
3) Digital Marketing Plan – The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and growing our blog, which would likely include implementing the acquisition plan, understanding the competitive landscape, interfacing among multiple social media platforms and developing our PR strategy, to name a few
Education / Career:
• A Masters degree in Journalism AND/OR
• An MBA in Marketing from a top tier business school AND/OR
• Work experience in marketing/communications/PR at a consumer products company, preferably in the Wine & Spirits sector AND/OR
• A passion for enjoying and writing about craft spirits and cocktails, and the bartenders who serve them
Skills / Abilities:
• Communication Skills – The candidate must demonstrate the ability to ask the right questions, listen well, develop compelling and engaging content and communicate that appropriately to our audience
• Creative – The candidate must be resourceful in creating content; the candidate must be able to think creatively to differentiate our blog to our audience
• Entrepreneurial – The candidate must be ready to “hit the ground running” and perform on his/her own with very limited resources; the candidate should be a pioneering spirit and demonstrate initiative, perseverance and accountability
Please send an email with your resume as soon as possible to Info@LicensedtoLiquor.com to apply for this position and name the subject of the email “I Love My Booze”.