Posted On: September 10, 2014
Media Organization: brandchannel
Brandchannel is a Webby-award winning website about branding that launched in 2001 with the goal of offering a global perspective on brands. Brandchannel offers a platform that features a dynamic newsfeed, articles, global conference listings, industry debates, a directory of agencies, and other branding resources. The website is produced by global branding agency Interbrand, but maintains editorial independence. Brandchannel's office is based in New York City.
The Freelance Associate Editor will play a key role in the content management and operation of Webby Award-winning brandchannel website and blog. Reporting to the editor-in-chief, the Associate Editor is a critical role on the brandchannel team – from managing freelance writers to editing copy of the day’s top breaking stories, this role is vital to the success of the brandchannel network.
Success in this role is key to our future growth and development and will be measured by meeting a variety of tasks, including:
- Ensuring the daily publication of the home-page blog
- Working directly with the editor-in-chief to set the site’s agenda
- Maintaining style guidelines and evaluating, editing and revising editorial content
- Managing freelance contributors, including copy revisions, feedback, contracts and payments
- Reviewing and responding to submissions and reader correspondence on a daily basis
- Collaborating with Interbrand’s Verbal Identity, Brand Management Systems and Brand Marketing team, including helping review presentations and proofread documents
The Ideal Fit
The right person for the Associate Editor of brandchannel would fit the following profile:
- Strong writer and editor--able to capture brandchannel's tone of voice and to maintain it with freelance contributors--all under the pressures of the rapid-fire, real-time publication schedule of a blog
- Able to maintain a professional yet accessible tone while maintaining the highest journalistic standards
- Must have great story judgment and ideas, and familiarity with journalism and editing standards
- Web-savvy--familiarity with blogging platforms, basic HTML and content management systems, and the ability to not only edit but post to our blog (including images and video) is a must.
- Familiar with strategies for boosting SEO and traffic; ability to write search-friendly and RSS-friendly headlines and descriptions; adept at tagging systems, promoting links and able to stay on top of the news
- Branding knowledge--must quickly grasp issues in the world of branding, from naming to brand protection in cultures familiar and far-flung, and provide creatively intelligent insight about how to best cover them. You should find brands interesting across product categories ranging from tech to food to cars, and be conversant with marketing, advertising, packaging, design and trend-hunting. A global (not US-centric) perspective is important.
Work style--Able to work independently and within a team environment, with outstanding organization, communication, people and presentation skills
Personality--High-energy, ambitious, driven personality with a passion for brand trends, creativity, innovation and the evolving business of branding
Visit http://bit.ly/YxrEsb to upload your resume and fill out an application.