Posted On: September 30, 2014
Media Organization: Scholastic
Scholastic Corporation is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books and a leader in educational technology and children’s media.
Scholastic creates quality educational and entertaining materials and products for use in school and at home, including children's books, magazines, technology-based products, teacher materials, television programming, film, videos and toys.
Scholastic distributes its products and services through a variety of channels, including proprietary school-based book clubs and school-based book fairs, retail stores, schools, libraries, television networks and www.scholastic.com.
The corporate mission of Scholastic is to encourage the intellectual and personal growth of all children, beginning with literacy.
- Working closely with the other site editors and product managers, assist with identifying, editing, writing, and posting content for promotion on the site; proof content once it is live
- Update the editorial calendar
- Aid the Parents and Kids bloggers when they have questions or need help with their posts
- Gather materials for newsletters and review the emails before they are sent out to ensure they are complete, follow editorial guidelines, and are thoroughly tested
- Contribute to marketing campaigns and team initiatives, including creating images for social media
- Work with the rest of the editorial team to constantly improve the quality of content on the website, including SEO optimization efforts
- Work with art and photo research departments to find photos for site promotions and new content
- Maintain Kids newsletter subscriber list
- Liaise with freelancers, interns, and other Scholastic divisions as appropriate
- Work with the team to develop and achieve team objectives and plans
Send resume and cover letter to Melanie English at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Associate Editor, Parents & Kids Online