Posted On: November 12, 2014
Media Organization: CNET News
The award-winning CNET News (http://www.cnet.com/news/) covers the fast-evolving world at the intersection of high tech and consumer culture, from smartphones and smart homes to social media, video games and streaming music. It is is one of the pillars of CBS Interactive's industry-leading CNET.com.
In a fast-paced breaking-news environment, the Associate Editor will work closely with editors, reporters, photographers, and others to deliver CNET News' full range of coverage in the most effective packages, from individual stories to live blogs to comprehensive, multipart features, with elements ranging from text and photos to audio and video.
We are looking for a contractor to work 30 hours a week.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Daily editing and posting of stories and other content
* Promotion of content on the site and via social media
* Writing as needed
* Ensuring a high level of quality, including the timeliness, completeness, accuracy and overall shape of the content.
* College degree in English, Journalism, or a related field, or equivalent training and experience
* 3-plus years of writing or editing experience, preferably related to technology
* Familiarity with AP or CMS style and with the rudiments of HTML and social networks such as Twitter
* Experience in print or online publishing under tight deadlines is mandatory
* Excellent English grammar skills
* Ability to produce high-quality work
* Ability to handle multiple tasks with speed and grace
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships with peers and management as well as both internal and external customers.
Email resume and cover letter to Jonathan Skillings (email@example.com). We'll follow up with phone and in-person interviews.