Posted On: March 3, 2015
Media Organization: NY1 News
NY1 News is Time Warner Cable's 24-hour news channel in New York City. Available on Time Warner Cable throughout the five boroughs – and in parts of Westchester and Hudson Valley as well as Bergen and Hudson counties in New Jersey – NY1 covers the city with more than 40 full-time reporters.
NY1 is available to New York City's Time Warner Cable subscribers on channel 1 and in the "News & Info" category on channel 200. NY1's dedicated Rail and Road channel can be seen on channel 214 in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island. Selected NY1 material can also be seen anytime on TWC's Local On Demand channel, 1020.
Responsible for assisting in various areas of the newsroom, including writing, editing, shooting video and conducting interviews in the field. Fills in on Assignment Desk and with newsroom production as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Shoots b-roll and conducts interviews
· Reports relevant information back to station from scene of news events
· Can we assigned to newsroom or field duty as needed
· Assists Reporters with gathering b-roll and interviews
· Assists Reporters and Truck Operators during live shots and live events
· Checks equipment and notifies ENG of equipment problems
· Makes sure tapes or P2 cards are properly labeled before being ingested
· Enters information into Planning Grid and researches stories for Assignment Desk
· Trains interns/new hires in the field
· Must be able to drive to story locations (must have valid Driver’s License)
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
· Must be able to work shifts as needed in a 24/7 newsroom including overnights, weekends, and holidays
Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field preferred
· One year of experience working in news preferred.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
Please apply online at: http://bit.ly/1GMEzXp