Posted On: March 20, 2015
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: Crain's New York Business
For 30 years, Crain's New York Business has been the premier source of local business news and information for the New York area's influential business executives. Every week Crain's print edition delivers scoop-oriented articles, enlightening features and invaluable industry rankings. Crain's New York Business is a Crain Communications Inc. publication.
Crain's New York Business is looking for an intern to assist in the daily production of Crainsnewyork.com and the amplification of our stories on social media. This hands-on position, which is available immediately, is ideal for a creative, energetic young journalist and social media junkie who wants to work closely with a small team of editors and producers in a fast-paced, deadline-driven newsroom.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Mastering our content management system to produce and publish reporters’ stories.
- Updating editorial databases, writing pithy and engaging headlines, and identifying great art to make our stories sing
- Helping expand our online audience by identifying and reaching out to news websites, blogs and social media mavens and connecting them with our content
- Writing and reporting stories as needed
- Working with editors and reporters on special projects
- Completed or working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as various social media platforms
- Experience in Web and content management systems a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and clips to Emily Laermer at email@example.com.