Posted On: April 21, 2015
Media Organization: KELLEN COMMUNICATION
Kellen is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer outsource services such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has seven offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, New York City and Washington DC.
Kellen Communications, a mid-sized, global public relations, public affairs and digital agency seeks an associate account executive with one-year of experience who is dynamic, creative, detail-oriented, responsible and reliable to serve as a key member of its New York City team.
A passion for writing, attention to detail and an interest in building construction, architecture, sustainable energy and technical topics is preferred. You will be part of a team that represents whole industries and industry leaders in these fields and will learn every aspect of marketing communications in this role.
This is a job—and a company—where you can make a difference.
BS/BA in a discipline related to Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or English, with a minimum of one year of applicable professional or internship experience.
Applicants must have experience with media relations and marketing communications support. Special event or trade show coordination, and social media campaign implementation is a plus.
Candidates must be self-starters with a passion for PR, enjoy working in a collaborative environment, exhibit sound judgment, have strong written and verbal communication skills, exceptional organizational skills, consistent attention to detail and prioritization of deadlines.
Reporting to the account supervisor/senior account supervisor, the associate account executive will support the implementation of media relations, issues management, marketing communications and social media programs for clients in the B2B, consumer and nonprofit sectors.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
• Write press releases, bylined articles, op-eds, newsletters, brochures, web content;
• Social media program development and implementation;
• Develop client reports, conduct client or new business related research, arrange and attend meetings, events and conference calls;
• Develop, verify and maintain up-to-date media lists, client reports, and clip books;
• Coordinate special events;
• Conduct research and prepare reports on client, industry and competitor issues;
• Support new business proposal writing and research;
• Participate in professional development programs;
• Attend Kellen Company functions
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME DIRECTLY TO PERRY EDMOND (PEDMOND@KELLENCOMPANY.COM)