Posted On: June 9, 2015
Media Organization: N/A, Selected Wisdom
Small New York Based LLC
Seeking Motivated Writer for Project
Selected Wisdom is hiring a motivated writer who can craft engaging narratives based on true stories. The writer must have proven track record of delivering tight manuscripts on time whose prose is concise and punchy. We need a storyteller, not a historian or documentarian. The writer must be able to work independently, be receptive to feedback, and able to incorporate that feedback into final drafts.
The project will be a nonfiction book comprising 15 to 20 short chapters of 3500 to 5000 words each. If the writer successfully delivers chapters, we may add editing to the base contract.
- Writer must be based in New York City or nearby tri-state region. Writer must be willing to ride public transportation and conduct minimal travel around New York City area.
- -- Pay will be per deliverable upon delivery. Rate to be negotiated during contract negotiations based on experience and past quality of articles.
- --- Pay for editing will be negotiated at the conclusion of base contract.
- --- Receipt of royalties on manuscript profits will be discussed during contract negotiations.
- ---- Free Scotch during select meetings in the New York City area.
- ---- Projected Start Date: 1 July 2015
- ---- Estimated End Date: 31 December 2015
Victory comes to those that finish things, not those that start them. If you like starting things, but not finishing them, there are always jobs for you in DC.
To apply, send a short introductory note, a short resume, up to three relevant writing samples, two references, and a potential start date to email@example.com.