Posted On: June 25, 2015
Media Organization: Intro America Inc.
Founded in 2012 by Betty Wong, IntroAmerica is a New York-based education company helping international students live a better life in the U.S. IntroAmerica’s bilingual (English and Chinese) websites provide international students with great insight on how to succeed in college and professional life. Student writers, renowned education experts and bloggers have all contributed to the site. Debuting in 2014, the company’s annual scholarship program has attracted thousands of Chinese students to learn about different U.S. colleges, as well as life in general in America.
IntroAmerica is looking for an immediate hire as a part-time Assistant Editor to join our team. The ideal candidate will be managing the company’s Chinese and English bilingual websites. He/she will be responsible for identifying and pitching editorial stories to the editor, writing/editing/translating stories, assigning stories to writers and translators and overseeing the company’s Chinese social media (Weibo, WeChat).
• Prior editorial experience is required (including writing or editing for student newspapers or on-campus media);
• Successful candidate must be available for 18-20 hours per week (remote working permitted, while candidates based in New York will be preferred);
• Chinese and English bilingual skill is a must.
Basic job responsibility
• Identifying, pitching, and writing stories relevant to the interest of IntroAmerica’s target audience (Chinese and other international students studying in the U.S.);
• Editing bilingual stories on a weekly basis;
• Managing editorial calendar, communicating with staff writers, translators and freelancers;
• Managing Chinese social media;
• Posting and scheduling content on WordPress;
• Identifying interesting stories to be reposted to IntroAmerica sites from other media sources, initiating and overseeing copyright collaboration with student publications;
• Assist with IntroAmerica’s English social media (Facebook & Twitter);
• *The Assistant Editor is also encouraged to participate in other non-editorial projects if there is a fit.
Bonus if you
• Are a recent grad of a credited U.S. college with a degree in journalism;
• Have experience with WordPress and Google Analytics;
• Have experience managing Chinese social media (Weibo & WeChat);
• Have a passion for crafting engaging content about education and studying abroad;
• Are based in New York City.
What we offer
• OPT sponsorship is available for selected candidate;
• An opportunity to work with a small team and have your creativity shine through (we strongly value everyone’s opinion);
• An opportunity to work with Fortune 500 veterans and professionals with an average of 15+ years of experience in marketing, education, technology and finance;
• An opportunity to learn about the education industry in both China and the U.S.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Janie@introamerica.com. Only selected candidates will be contacted.