Posted On: June 25, 2015
Media Organization: The College Board
The College Board is dedicated to the principle of equal opportunity and its programs, services and employment policies are guided by that principle.
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization that connects students to college success and opportunity.
Associate Director-Developmental Editor
Job ID: RAC20150806-70059
Associate Director-SAT School Day
Responsible for overall management of SAT School Day and institutional publications, operational communications, and Web content across all functional areas – preparation and test information, registration, test administration, score reporting, matters of test security, and any other program initiatives and issues requiring communication to schools, and students. Responsible for managing and executing event-driven SAT School Day communications, as well as all aspects of publications workflow, including vendor publications work and other internal stakeholders, including College Board Operations, Customer Service, Test Development, Research, Assessment Marketing, State & District Partnerships, and Communications Marketing departments, and external vendors, including ETS.
Web and Email Content:
* Lead development of all SAT and SAT School Day operational content on the Web. Project manage all Web-based content for the SAT School Day and related institutional content, including cross-functional project management of ongoing and planned updates and development and execution of communication plans for internal and external information dissemination. Collaborate with staff who manage PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10 and PSAT 8/9 content to incorporate content that accurately reflects the vertical alignment of assessments and benefits of the entire SAT Suite of Assessments.
* Gather requirements to develop and implement processes for ensuring high-quality, consistent, and accurate Web and email communications to all SAT School Day constituents. Responsible for managing routine and non-routine constituent email communications, including those generated by the SAT online registration and score reporting applications, as well as the annual updating of SAT School Day content regarding Web functionality.
* Work with contract and product managers as well as operational staff to plan and execute SAT School Day email communications, including developing content, securing appropriate lists, and ensuring appropriate quality control of all aspects of delivery. Develop and manage web, email, and print content aimed at contract administrators, educators, and students in support of bulk registration processes. Coordinate content in other SAT Suite of Assessment publications and communications regarding bulk registration.
* Manage the program’s involvement with SAT and SAT School Day user acceptance activities related to the Web and online registration and, as the program’s representative, work in close conjunction with the registration team, marketing, communications, and IT staff in planning for future enhancements and content integration activities associated with other College Board, SAT Program, and Web initiatives.
* Work with operations in the management of ETS publications development and print production for the SAT School Day product, including setting and maintaining project deliverables. Analyze and define the scope and level of effort for any additional publications requirements that arise, including costs, timing, additional resourcing, and other considerations.
* Work with Assessment Marketing in the management of MAPS design and production of publications supporting the SAT School Day product, including managing content contributors, overseeing operational and other stakeholder reviews, and ensuring alignment with product management and divisional goals.
* Manage all cross-functional tasks for SAT School Day printed publications, promotional pieces, and operational forms. Gather requirements for, and lead content management of, SAT School Day registration materials, test center supervisor manuals, forms, instructions, and training materials. Deliver accurate, consistent, and high quality SAT School Day publications directed at students and those who advise or recruit them.
* Understand contractual requirements for state institutional customers such as Michigan, Maine, Delaware, and Iowa, and ensure all publications and specialized content are developed and delivered as required.
* Work with various internal departments (Operations, Product Management, Marketing and Publication Services, Web Services, IT Delivery Services, Assessment Marketing, Communications) and external entities (e.g., ETS) to accomplish these tasks and ensure that all projects remain on schedule and on budget. Edit and produce all SAT School Day print publications in WoodWing Enterprise, the College Readiness Assessment content management system.
Other Project Work:
* Serve as key contributor to projects and initiatives that enhance the test day experience for professionals and students. Work with SAT Operations and ETS to enhance supervisor training in support of special state initiatives and to improve the quality of SAT administration practices and staff development.
* Manage publications budgets and work with SAT budget manager to ensure all budget activities and entries are managed with the tightest oversight for quality and accuracy. Research budget variances at the direction of the Senior Director. Perform a variety of management tasks related to the SAT institutional product offerings, which include: contributing to overall strategic planning, assisting in the development of program plans and budgets, leading the alignment of program communications with the work of other departments/divisions/consultants, and performing management tasks related to the communications projects of the SAT Program and all of its services and products to secondary schools, districts, states, and colleges, as needed.
* Performa variety of program evangelist functions that may include: providing information or materials in response to telephone or written requests, acting as an internal consultant to College Board staff in pertinent areas of responsibility, and meeting with outside individuals or institutions to provide information about the College Board programs or services. Represent the SAT Program at selected national, regional, and state meetings of secondary and higher education associations.
College Readiness Assessments publications and community team; College Readiness Assessment policy and product management, including score reporting and registration teams; Reston Operations; MAPS; Brand Experience; IT and email teams; SDP; Legal; AD&D; and Research.
ETS, Pearson, Xerox and other external vendors, test center supervisors and other constituents as appropriate. District and state educators involved with SAT School Day and other institutional products. High school and college members/constituents as well as student users of Web content.
Bachelor’s degree, plus 4-6 years of editorial (Developmental Editor experience)and publishing experience in education or a related field. Experience using a content management system and/or Adobe InCopy a plus (training will be provided).
Related Skills and Other Requirements:
* Computer proficiency, including Microsoft office applications
* Superior editing/writing skills
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Understanding of the academic environment
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills
* Problem resolution/negotiation skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
* Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
Desired Travel Less than 25%
Areas of Expertise Editorial
Highest Level of Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location New York, NY
Years of Relevant Experience 4-5
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/kf2t8qw