Posted On: July 29, 2015
Media Organization: Gannett / USA TODAY
Gannett is a next-generation media company that empowers communities to connect, act, and thrive. We are headquartered in McLean, VA and have unparalleled local-to-national reach, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. With the iconic USA TODAY, 92 strong local media organizations in 33 states and Guam, and with more than 160 local news brands online in the U.K., we provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots. This is achieved by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever.
Gannett is seeking a Mobile Product Manager who can easily balance editorial, engineering and business needs, break down complex problems in order to achieve success and evaluate emerging product development opportunities.
This position works with colleagues across Gannett to support mobile product development. They will be expected to:
* Lead a team of developers, designers, UX researchers and QA engineers to maintain and improve the performance of Gannett news applications.
* Develop and maintain strong business development relationships with global mobile platform vendors.
* Innovate on the customer’s behalf, pushing the boundaries of mobile technology, app development and content creation to drive business objectives.
* Track and report on product performance including financial performance, customer experience, engagement levels and other key performance indicators.
* Seek out and interpret user feedback and market research to guide product development.
* Utilize data-driven analysis to inform product roadmaps and strategic direction.
* Conduct competitive and marketplace analyses to assess trends and determine their relevance to the product roadmap.
* Work with UX researchers to translate customer needs into solutions.
* Work with project management to balance development scope and priorities, in order to deliver products on time and on budget.
* Proactively engage stakeholders and communicate with them about product cycles and strategic priorities.
* Produce written requirements for new features.
* Work with Business Development to negotiate agreements with external vendors.
Apply here: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=62261&company=Gannett&username=