Posted On: August 12, 2015
Media Organization: LifePosts, Inc.
LifePosts is a suite of tools to reshape how we record, share and preserve the stories of our lives. Based in Brooklyn, LifePosts' leadership team includes CEO Steven Waldman (founder, Beliefnet.com; national editor, U.S. News & World Report), COO Ju-Don Roberts (director, Center of Cooperative Media; GM and senior vice president, Everyday Health) and Senior Editor Ned Berke (founder, Sheepshead Bites LLC; senior editor, Corner Media, Inc.).
LifePosts is looking for amazing interns to join our small team of journalists working on an exciting new media project. LifePosts enable people to vividly celebrate, commemorate and share the most important moments and people in their lives. Interns will work under the tutelage of entrepreneurs/journalists Steven Waldman, Ju-Don Marshall Roberts and Ned Berke.
We are accepting internship applications for the spring, summer and fall semesters. If interested, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Internship in the subject line.
Interns will have the opportunity to do some of the combination of the following:
- Learn how to curate photos, narratives and other media from people to create beautiful interactive features and profiles
- Learn the art of memorial and profile writing to find the extraordinary in the life of anyone -- from the celebrity to the everyday person
- Learn how to best edit and present photography (previous photo editing experience would be preferable)
- Create compelling features and narratives about notable people and events using new media tools including photo galleries, video, timelines and audio techniques.
- Develop expertise in social media writing and distribution
The internship is unpaid, but LifePosts will pay any internship-related expenses and will provide any documentation or feedback required for college credit.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include Internship in the subject line.