Posted On: October 1, 2015
Paid Journalism Internship
Media Organization: RobbReport.com
CurtCo Robb Media is the publisher of Robb Report magazine, the international authority on the luxury lifestyle, as well as Robb Report Home & Style, The Robb Report Collection, and various supplementary and one-off titles. The brand, in its digital and print forms, reports on exceptional products and services for the affluent connoisseur. Coverage includes automobiles, motorcycles, aircraft, art, dining, jewelry, watches, fashion, travel, homes, wines, spirits, and cigars. For more information, visit the Robb Report website at www.robbreport.com.
Robb Report has an exciting opportunity for an Editorial Intern in the New York office for its rapidly growing website, RobbReport.com. The RobbReport.com Editorial Intern will work with the RobbReport.com Editors to write brief online synopses of luxury-industry press releases. This position is a paid internship and will require as many as 15 hours per week for 3 to 6 months.
The ideal candidates will be able to write quickly and efficiently, with little to no grammar or spelling errors, while retaining the most pertinent facts included in press releases. Ideal candidates will also be extremely organized and have the ability to excel in the fast-paced environment of a daily online news organization. All candidates, regardless of prior experience, will be required to take a timed writing test.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Write as many as two short press-release synopses per hour, including compelling, attention-grabbing headlines, while retaining the editorial tone and voice of RobbReport.com.
• Gather and crop images using Adobe Photoshop.
• Upload text and images directly into RobbReport.com’s content-management system.
Qualified candidates will have the following to be successful in this position:
• Strong writing skills, with exceptional grammar and spelling.
• An ability to write quickly and accurately, while simply conveying the complex and sometimes esoteric information contained in industry-specific press releases.
• A knack for writing headlines that grab readers’ attention.
• The drive and energy to excel in a fast-paced, daily news environment.
• A portfolio of writing samples.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.