Posted On: October 20, 2015
Media Organization: American Civil Liberties Union
For nearly 100 years, the ACLU has been our nation’s guardian of liberty, working in courts, legislatures, and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States. Whether it’s ending mass incarceration, achieving full equality for the LGBT community, establishing new privacy protections for our digital age, or preserving the right to vote or the right to have an abortion, the ACLU takes up the toughest civil liberties cases and issues to defend all people from government abuse and overreach. With more than a million members, activists, and supporters, the ACLU is a nationwide organization that fights tirelessly in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington, D.C., for the principle that every individual’s rights must be protected equally under the law, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or national origin.
Social Media Manager [COMM-42]
American Civil Liberties Union Foundation
Communications Department, NY
The ACLU places great emphasis on the role of communications in framing the debate on its issues, building support, and increasing the impact of its work. The Communications Department is responsible for promoting the ACLU’s mission, its brand and its programs through the media, multi-faceted campaigns, digital and social media communications, publications and events.
The Communications Department is seeking a Social Media Manager to join its Online Engagement unit. The Social Media Manager leads development and execution of the ACLU’s social media strategy, positioning the ACLU as a thought leader on its social channels. The position is responsible for crafting campaign and promotion strategies, audience growth and engagement on social channels, and content planning, production, and posting. Reporting to the Director of Online Engagement, the Social Media Manager will work closely with staff within the Communications Department and across the organization to identify and achieve the ACLU’s social media goals.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop long-term vision, goals, strategies, and tactics for the ACLU’s social media presence.
- Track and monitor the success of social media and online engagement initiatives towards achieving key goals.
Position the ACLU as a thought leader on core social media channels.
- Craft and implement creative, multi-faceted social strategies for advocacy, public education, live events, and media campaigns.
Identify high-impact opportunities to increase the visibility of our advocacy, programmatic, and legislative work, and to generate email list and social media audience growth.
- Cultivate relationships with social media influencers.
- Guide and advise staff across the organization on effective and engaging opportunities to maximize visibility for ACLU’s work.
Launch the ACLU’s presence on new social platforms; monitor trends and emerging practices, and evaluate and recommend new platforms for adoption.
- Monitor social media trends and emerging practices, evaluate and recommend new platforms, and develop the ACLU’s presence on selected platform.
- Develop and lead trainings for staff and affiliates across the U.S. on developing their social media presence, best practices, advertising, and audience growth strategies.
- Create and implement online advertising strategies, including social media advertising and advertising on other digital platforms.
- Write and edit social content; maintain a publishing calendar, and post social media content to all channels.
- Provide off-hour coverage, as part of a rotating schedule, for social media and web publishing.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven years of related experience or an equivalent level of work experience is required.
Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal communications skills; strong attention to detail, ability to write and deliver work product under deadlines, and commitment to high quality standards.
- Demonstrated experience running successful social media campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience developing social media strategy for an organization with a significant presence.
- Experience planning, developing, and promoting social media content for issue-based, nonprofit, or political advocacy organizations; familiarity with a broad range of social media strategies.
- Significant and demonstrated experience managing professional social media profiles on Facebook and Twitter. Experience launching an organization’s presence on emerging platforms.
- Basic experience with HTML, CSS and Photoshop.
Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously, often under tight deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrate grace under pressure and possess the ability to work well both independently as well as within a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the ACLU.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, a writing sample, and two references by email to hrjobsCOMM@aclu.org - reference [COMM-42/ACLU-NYU-J] in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this career opportunity.
This job description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
The ACLU undertakes affirmative action strategies in its recruitment and employment efforts to assure that persons with disabilities have full opportunities for employment in all positions.
We encourage applicants with disabilities who may need accommodations in the application process to contact:email@example.com. Correspondence sent to this email address that is not related to requests for accommodations will not be reviewed. Applicants should follow the instructions above regarding how to apply.
The ACLU comprises two separate corporate entities, the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation. Both the American Civil Liberties Union and the ACLU Foundation are national organizations with the same overall mission, and share office space and employees. The ACLU has two separate corporate entities in order to do a broad range of work to protect civil liberties. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “ACLU.”