Posted On: October 23, 2015
Media Organization: Well+Good
Well+Good launched as the premier lifestyle and news publication devoted to the wellness scene—and its chic lifestyle components. Created by two journalists—and joined by many more—Well+Good is known for its impeccable reporting and trend-spotting on the healthy living beat. In four years, Well+Good has become the leading source of intel on boutique fitness and the juice industry, plus cutting-edge nutrition, natural beauty, and more.
Well+Good, the premier lifestyle and news publication dedicated to the wellness scene, has an immediate opening for a full-time wellness writer, based in its airy and light-filled New York offices, where there may also occasionally be free green juices and coffee.
The writer will be responsible for writing and producing news and feature articles, with a focus on food and nutrition, as well as email newsletters.
The ideal candidate will have a master’s degree in journalism or a strong journalism background, and two years’ experience writing for an online lifestyle site, preferably within health and wellness.
This is a fast-paced reporting role. It requires stepping into the flow of a news room, and working alongside a smart and passionate editorial team.
This is the perfect opportunity for a wellness writer who cares about healthy food/nutrition and journalism in equal measure.
The ideal candidate should also be positive, extremely organized and adept at working under tight daily deadlines.
The ability to teach us a thing or two about crow pose or willingness to share your favorite smoothie bowl recipes is also totally a bonus.
- Research and write Well+Good articles (approx. 8–10 articles per week)
- Compose newsletter copy and subject lines (3–4 times per week)
- Practice high standards of journalism while writing with with wit, humor, and style
- Adopt the Well+Good editorial voice
- Compose and edit sponsored copy or social media, as needed
- MA or MS in Journalism, or a very strong journalism background
- 2 years experience as a news/lifestyle writer for a fast-paced publication
- A passion for healthy living and the wellness scene (you speak Barry’s Bootcamp, Flywheel, and Juice Press)
- Ability to write quickly and concisely with wit and sophistication
- Diligent, self-motivated and eager to contribute
- Accurate, thorough, and detail-obsessed
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous assignments
To apply, please send your resume, a brief cover letter, and three links to relevant clips to Editorial Director, Melisse Gelula at firstname.lastname@example.org.