Posted On: November 10, 2015
Media Organization: Techlicious
Techlicious is a well-established digital media company that reports on the intersection of lifestyle and technology. We deliver advice, reviews and news that help our audience make tech simple. Our coverage touches on all aspects of technology, including photography, mobile devices, health, home, entertainment and parenting.
Techlicious reaches a broad consumer audience of over 900,000 people every month through our website and 85,000+ people through our daily newsletter. Founded by Suzanne Kantra, former senior technology editor for Popular Science, Techlicious is proud to count many of the industry’s top tech journalists as writers.
Techlicious is looking for bright, energetic contributing writers who have a passion for technology, and the ability to communicate that passion to a wide range of readers, both techies and non-techies, alike. You should have strong knowledge in at least one area of technology (photography, social media, mobile apps, etc.) or a specific lifestyle vertical (health, cooking, etc.) and how technology can be used within that vertical to save money, save time and make readers’ lives better.
• Pitch article ideas and brainstorm interesting and creative new content ideas with Techlicious editors
• Contribute regular news, product reviews and advice stories for publication on Techlicious.com and potential syndication to Techlicious media partners
• Write clean content that clearly communicates to readers your story’s key message points, gather and edit supporting images, and input stories and images into the Techlicious content management system for final editing and publishing
• Promote content through your social media channels to broaden audience engagement and create loyalty for your coverage on Techlicious
Desired Skills & Experience
• Strong knowledge of at least one technology area or one lifestyle vertical and how technology is used within that vertical
• Exceptional writing/storytelling skills
• Detail-oriented: story researched, facts checked, grammar correct, etc.
• Basic knowledge of SEO (we will teach advanced techniques)
• Strong social media experience & profiles a plus
Please send the following to Suzanne Kantra (firstname.lastname@example.org):
1. Cover letter with links to online writing samples, preferably on technology, or attach samples
2. Your tech/lifestyle topics of interest
4. Social media profiles, if applicable