Posted On: November 30, 2015
Media Organization: part2 pictures
part2 creates award-winning, high-end, talent driven programming across a range of formats and platforms - from documentary to reality to lifestyle, from broadcast to digital and beyond. Based in Brooklyn and led by David Shadrack Smith, the company’s credits include critically acclaimed shows such as This is Life with Lisa Ling (CNN), Belief (OWN), Dixie Mafia (Discovery), Polygamy USA (NatGeo), Engineering Ground Zero (NOVA), Hard Time (NatGeo), and feature documentaries like An Honest Liar. Since launching in 2007, part2 pictures has partnered with over a dozen networks, delivered more than 150 hours of programming, filmed in 35 countries and earned two Emmy® awards, five Cine awards, a Gracie award and a Sundance Jury prize.
Part2 pictures creates award-winning, high-end, talent driven programming across a range of formats and platforms - from documentary to reality to lifestyle, from broadcast to digital and beyond. We generate content for CNN, Showtime, OWN and National Geographic to name a few. This semester we are looking for students with an interest in non-fiction, reality and journalistic programing for our internship program. Interns will work directly with producers and associate producers on various aspects of production. They will also be able to observe the post-production and editing process. Interns at part2 pictures will have the opportunity to learn from leading documentary and television producers such as Sundance Award winning filmmaker Peter Richardson (How to Die in Oregon), Producer Rachel Libert (Sempre Fi: Always Faithful), and Cinematographer Peter Hutchens (The Redemption of General Butt Naked).
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in all phases of production of current shows and projects in development
- Transcribing short interviews and cuts for producers
- Researching and locating footage or news articles, writing summaries for producers
- Assembling production books and distributing to staff
- Retrieving equipment for production teams
- Assist in daily organizational and administrative tasks
- Opportunity to observe edit sessions, local shoots in NYC, and audio and color correct sessions
- Proficient in MS Office
- Interest in documentary and unscripted television programing
- Mac knowledge preferred
Send materials to Jobs@part2pictures.com. Please mention “internship” somewhere in the subject line.
Include resume, cover letter and availability