Posted On: December 21, 2015
Media Organization: LifePosts
LifePosts is a storytelling platform for compelling, visual personal narratives based around life's most important moments. The Amazing Lives publication is the spotlight for great user-created stories as well as projects led the by the editorial team.
LifePosts is looking for contributors to join our small team of journalists working on an exciting new media project, Amazing Lives.
The publication uses the LifePosts platform of state-of-the-art storytelling tools to capture and share insightful and inspiring stories of life, love and loss. Contributors will work under the tutelage of entrepreneurs/journalists Steven Waldman, Ju-Don Marshall Roberts and Ned Berke.
We are accepting Contributor applications for the spring, summer and fall semesters. If interested, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Contributor in the subject line.
- Create 3-5 compelling features and narratives each week using new media tools including photo galleries, video, timelines and audio techniques
- Learn the art of crafting memorial and profile packages to find the extraordinary in the life of anyone -- from the celebrity to the everyday person
- Surface and curate media from traditional, digital and social platforms and turn them into an original narrative
- Learn how to conceive, research and develop story pitches
- Must be able to dedicate at least 10 hours each week to be in our headquarters
- Top-notch research skills, and a nose for ferreting out fascinating and gripping details from hard-to-find sources
- Familiarity with WordPress, and willingness to learn new content management systems
- Initiative, ideas and curiosity
- A penchant for clever, yet respectful, feature-style writing
Please email a cover letter and resume, as well as 3 clips (preferably feature-style writing, unedited by others) to email@example.com