Posted On: March 4, 2016
Media Organization: Institutional Investor
For more than 45 years, Institutional Investor has consistently distinguished itself among the world's foremost financial publications with ground-breaking journalism and incisive writing that provides must-read intelligence for a global audience. This award-winning magazine is essential reading for the world's leading financiers, corporate executives and government officials, who rely on the breadth and depth of coverage that have made Institutional Investor such a premier publication. For more, visit http://www.institutionalinvestor.com.
The research staff writer is a key member of Institutional Investor and Alpha magazines’ editorial team and is responsible for creating insightful and meaningful content based on the company’s extensive research. He or she will be involved in assisting with the production of the company’s many rankings reports and proofing data prior to release. The research staff writer will also help generate engaging content and analysis that garners a high volume of traffic to the website and encourages awareness and excitement around the II brand.
• Report, write and update Alpha’s extensive lists of hedge fund firm profiles.
• Write engaging content — based on Institutional Investor’s and Alpha’s research and rankings — for the magazines’ print and digital platforms.
• Regularly write monthly magazine and daily web content.
• Work closely with the research director to coordinate research coverage and releases.
• Assist with the production of Research & Rankings releases.
• Proof all Research & Rankings releases to ensure accuracy and consistency of the data.
• Promote content via social media and leverage its influence to deepen audience engagement and create loyalty and affinity for the II brand.
• Stay abreast of the latest financial news and analysis and understand how it impacts II’s audience.
Desired Skills & Experience
• One to three years of experience reporting on financial topics and providing research-based analysis.
• A broad knowledge of global events and how they impact the financial industry and, specifically, II’s readership.
• A solid understanding of financial markets and an innate interest in finance.
• Exemplary language skills and storytelling ability.
• Experience presenting content across both print and digital platforms.
• A high degree of personal initiative and creativity.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy and grace under pressure.
• A proven track record in generating audience growth on multiple platforms, especially using social media.
• Knowledge of content management systems and k4 or similar digital publishing platforms.
• Ability to adapt to and implement new technology.
• Knowledge of SEO.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related discipline.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and writing samples to Kalina Ollinger at email@example.com.