Posted On: March 7, 2016
Media Organization: True Blue Media
A new progressive digital media company is seeking a reporter/writer who is passionate about politics, news and advocacy.
• Write and assign news coverage, as well as longer-form reported pieces of original, breaking news.
• Create original and reported news for a progressive political media-journalism company.
• Maintain a wide network of sources within American politics and progressive issue advocacy.
• Promote content via social channels, a daily newsletter, and other professional connections.
• Collaborate with other content team members as needed.
• Minimum three years’ experience writing and/or editing political news content.
• A competitive streak — you are adept at finding scoops and breaking news.
• A critical, seasoned eye for storytelling in any medium.
• Excellent organizational skills, focus, and the ability to work independently or in a group
• The ideal candidate also has a working knowledge of photo editing, photography, and familiarity with content management systems
• Impeccable grammar and attention to detail with an eye toward clean copy
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Reference “Reporter Position” in the subject field. No phone calls please.