Posted On: May 12, 2016
Media Organization: IBT Media
IBT Media is a fast growing global digital news organization, delivering news and insight to over 90 million monthly readers across the world. With innovations across the newsroom and the platform, we are engaging a new generation of readers with content that speaks to your interests, with analysis and insight to make sense of a globally connected world. IBT includes Newsweek, International Business Times, iDigital Times, Fashion Times and Medical Daily.
Responsible for producing, editing and posting original content, with a focus on graphics- and motion-driven video news packages, particularly for social and mobile audiences. Responsibilities include proposing, storyboarding, reporting, sourcing, writing, shooting and editing innovative and compelling videos. Responsibilities also include reworking existing video, finding best and most suitable editorial content, navigating content management systems online and for publication, working with editorial and technical teams across the division, helping to guide more junior staff. The ideal candidate has an equal mix of technical skills (Premiere and After Effects), works fast, but accurately, and has a keen interest in news and editorial. You love playing in both video editing and motion design.
· Strong motion graphics, editorial and creative skills, including high degree of proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
· Demonstrated ability to develop smart and creative original content whether on breaking news or longer-term projects
· Experience as a video producer/editor for digital, broadcast or cable news, nonfiction or entertainment outlet
· Demonstrated ability to edit and produce at the highest professional-level video under intense deadline pressure
· Knowledge of the competitive digital news environment, social media and broadcast news
· Prefer a candidate who also can shoot video
· Must be a team player, flexible and proactive in fast-changing news environment, and able to anticipate department needs.
· Must exercise network-level editorial judgment, storytelling skills and ability to advance editorial vision to completion.
· Must be able to multi-task and work collaboratively with editorial and technical teams across platforms and with different content partners
· Must have a reel showcasing video editing and motion design projects
· Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends
· Must successfully pass a background check
· Knowledge of Illustrator, Cinema 4D, Maya, Blender or Flash
· Knowledge of video and general CMSs
· Knowledge of professional video cameras and/or DSLRs
Please send note & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and check out out journalism brands online and on social.